As an Associate Creative Director in Copywriting at a Social Media Agency, people often ask, “Do you have a blog?”
My answer, “no.”
“Because when I’m not at work, I like to focus my writing time on screenplays, and I feel like a blog would take away from that.”
I’m tired of giving that answer. I’m a comedy writer who “works in social media.” It’s pretty embarrassing to not have a blog. So here it is. I plan on using it to keep me honest. Primarily, I’ll focus on writing (both my progress and the craft in general,) creativity, and cooking, because I do a lot of it.
Earlier this week, I posted this note to myself on my fridge:
Why yes, yes I did. And now, in print, my writing goals for 2012:
- Finish comedic screenplay about internet dating that I’ve been studiously ignoring for the past year
- Do the final revision on my dramatic screenplay
- Cut the dramatic script down to a trailer
- Fundraise for, and shoot, a trailer for dramatic script
- Write some other stuff (including, but not limited to, re-writing episodes of Princess Elleanora and the Muddy Sneakers)
Here we go!